What is VersiDrain® 6P
VersiDrain 6P is an interlocking perforated drainage sheet module manufactured from recycled plastic designed for as an under-screed drainage sheet between the structural floor slab and the sand or mortar screed.
VersiDrain 6P is used in the construction of pedestrian walkways, plaza decks, balconies and verandahs.
VersiDrain 6P creates a drainage and ventilation cavity that allows entrapped water in the screed to escape via perforations and drainage channels in the sheet. This prevents water and salts in the screed from migrating upward, via capillary action, to the surface to form unsightly efflorescence and promote algae growth.
VersiDrain 6P acts as a separation layer that reduces tile and paver cracking caused by expansion of entrapped water and movement of the structural slab. When laid on waterproofing membrane, it provides protection against perforation damage to the membrane caused by on-site labour and heavy equipment.
Features and benefits
- High compressive strength
- Effective drainage under screed
- Minimises efflorescence and algae
- Reduces surface cracking of tiles
- Protects waterproofing membranes
- Easy to handle and install Snap-on interlocking reduces wastage
- Root resistant and rot-proof
- Resistant to salts, inorganic acids and ground chemicals
- Ability to nestle halves storage and transport costs
- Balconies, terraces and podium decks
- Swimming pool decks and patios
- Shower areas, changing and wash rooms
- Driveways and courtyards